Since late 2017, RMF Balkans has procured and distributed hygiene kits at 6 refugee camps throughout Serbia: Obrenovac Reception and Transit Centre, Bogovađa Asylum Centre, Krnjača Asylum Centre, Banja Koviljača Asylum Centre, Bosilegrad Transit Centre, and Kikinda Transit Centre. In cooperation with the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration, hygiene kits are distributed according to the needs of each camp. This project covers migrants of all ages, with kits designed for babies and young children, men, and women. Upon request from the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration, additional clothing for babies was also procured.
- Women’s dignity kits include: Menstrual pads, cotton swabs, toothbrush and toothpaste, an undershirt, toilet paper, laundry detergent, wet and dry wipes, soap, and shampoo.
- Men’s hygiene kits include: Towels, razors, toothpaste and toothbrush, shaving cream, an undershirt, cotton swabs, shampoo, soap, and toilet paper.
- Babies’ hygiene kits include: Diaper cream, baby powder, cloth diapers, shampoo, soap, disposable diapers, and a onesie.
As many asylum seekers living in camps are exposed to infectious diseases as a result of unhygienic or overcrowded conditions, this project aims to promote the health and wellbeing of refugees across Serbia through improved hygiene.
RMF Balkans, in cooperation with the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration, will continue to distribute hygiene and dignity kits to refugee camps across Serbia. RMF distributes kits according to the needs of each camp.
- Overcrowded conditions and poor sanitation and living quarters
- Lack of access to basic personal hygiene supplies
RMF has been distributing hygiene and dignity kits throughout Serbia since late 2017. The project has significantly improved hygiene and helped prevent the spread of infectious diseases in 6 refugee camps throughout Serbia. RMF Balkans is the only organization in Serbia that distributes complete hygiene kits to refugees and migrants.
Support this Initiative
Use your credit card or PayPal to support this initiative.