Refugees receive the kits at the Kikinda camp
RMF’s Presence in the Balkans
Since January 2016, RMF Balkans has been responding to the refugee crisis in Serbia by providing comprehensive protection and medical services to persons of concern. Our teams began by working 24/7 throughout the Belgrade city center, and when most refugees and migrants in the area were relocated to refugee camps, RMF Balkans and its medical services moved to the camps along with our patients.
Hygiene and Dignity Kits
Meeting Specific Needs
The winterization project was launched in late 2017 and continued throughout the year 2018. RMF Balkans is still distributing hygiene and dignity kits at 6 camps throughout Serbia: Bogovađa, Banja Koviljača, Obrenovac, Krnjača, Kikinda, and Bosilegrad. In cooperation with the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration, hygiene and dignity kits are distributed according to the needs of each camp. During the reporting period, we distributed 389 hygiene and dignity kits. This project supports migrants of all ages with kits designed for babies and young children, men, and women. The project has significantly improved personal hygiene and helped prevent the spread of infectious diseases within these 6 camps. RMF Balkans is the only organization in Serbia that distributes complete hygiene kits to refugees and migrants.
- Women’s dignity kits include: menstrual pads, cotton swabs, a toothbrush and toothpaste, an undershirt, toilet paper, laundry detergent, wet and dry wipes, soap, and shampoo.
- Men’s kits include: towels, razors, toothpaste and toothbrush, shaving cream, an undershirt, cotton swabs, shampoo, soap, and toilet paper.
- Babies’ kits include: diaper cream, baby powder, cloth diapers, shampoo, soap, disposable diapers, and a onesie.
- Promote the health of refugees, migrants, and asylum seekers across Serbia by distributing hygiene kits
- Meet the hygienic needs of all, including men, women, and babies
- Coordinate with other civil society actors and the Commissariat for Refugees and Migration
Since late 2017, RMF Balkans has distributed hygiene kits at 6 refugee camps throughout Serbia. This project covers migrants of all ages, with kits designed for babies and young children, men, and women.
The kits have significantly improved hygiene and helped prevent the spread of infectious disease throughout the camps. RMF Balkans is the only organization in Serbia that distributes complete hygiene kits to refugees and migrants.
(Click to enlarge)
More Reports on: Hygiene and Dignity Kits Archive
Country Page: Serbia
Initiative Page: Hygiene and Dignity Kits