The teachers watch as the children perform
Summary of Activities
Caring for Students and Their Families
Classes and activities continued as planned, providing parents and guardians with support and advice in the proper care of their young children, and providing children with a safe environment, at least one nutritious meal a day, and quality preschool education, including health awareness, eco-awareness, diversity awareness, and basic communication technologies.
A closer look at the children’s performance
Other Accomplishments this Quarter
Lessons and Extra-Curricular Activities
- Educated the children on how to live in peace and harmony among different ethnic groups
- Made the children aware of modern communication technology and its benefits
- Children rehearsed for the concert. Children, parents, and teachers all had important responsibilities for the concert.
- Children learned how to successfully accomplish a goal, as they spent 3 months preparing for the concert.
- Children were trained to focus their attention on important things, such as schoolwork and special projects like the concert.
The school was decorated with colorful balloons for the concert
Once a year, we hold a concert at Palathuduwa Preschool. This year, Soratha Thero, a Buddhist monk, also attended the concert.
First, we light the oil lamp. After a welcome speech, the children’s events begin. The children performed very well. Their parents took the advice of the teachers and did not purchase special costumes for the dances, because these would be expensive. Because the parents could not afford costumes, they provided normal clothing and dresses. Parents also prepared small treats for the concert participants.
Both teachers were happy with the children’s ability, but they were sad that this was the last preschool day for them, as next year the children will attend primary school. Teachers prepared small gifts for the children, and parents also prepared small gifts for both teachers. The teachers wished them all a bright future.