Q4/2012: Palathudwa Preschool Support
April 11, 2013
Piyu Sky and Jonathan White
Photo: Children and parents gather for the painting competition
- Work with guardians and caretakers to assist in proper caretaking of the children;
- Educate children in the area to ensure health awareness and proper sanitation;
- Provide the children with nutritious meals;
- Educate children about their environment, integrating eco-awareness and outdoor activities into their routines;
- Educate them about natural disasters and environmental pollution, including small skills they can utilize to help preserve their surroundings;
- Diversity education about cultural and ethnic diversity in their community, including exercises aimed at increasing tolerance and understanding of differences;
- Give lessons to children about modern communication technologies, including the use of mobile phones;
- Continue Basic English knowledge education in a practical setting.
Photo: Students peforming at the school concert
Achievements this quarter:
- Assisted the parents and guardians of the children to provide better care and protection for their children.
- Ensured the health and sanitation of the students through regular reminders and education about hand washing, and other hygienic issues.
- Educated the children about the importance of nature and their environment.
- Educated children to live in peace and harmony among the different ethnic groups of their communities.
- Taught children about modern communication technology and its benefits.
- Taught children to draw and paint within a time limit.
- Practiced for the community concert.
- Educated children about dealing with winning and losing in competitions and games in a healthy way.
- Children practiced their dance routines and songs during class time for upcoming concerts.
- Children participated in two painting competitions in October with other preschools of the area.
- Children performed a singing and dancing concert for parents and the community.
Photos: Concert for parents and community
On the 7th of October 2012, the community held a painting competition for all preschools of the Tangalle division.
Three children from our preschool participated in the competition and the painting of one of our children, Dananji Chathurani, was selected as one of the 10 best paintings. Other participants from our school were Buddhima Kithmini and Amasha Nethmi.
Dananji with her painting.
Amasha with her painting.
Buddhima with her painting
On the 12thof October, the social service association of preschools held another painting competition for all preschools of the Tangalle division. This time, one of our students Buddhima Kithmini, won 1stplace for the best painting.
Buddhimawith her 1st place painting.