Palathuduwa Preschool Support, Q2/2012
September 28, 2012
- Work with guardians and caretakers to assist in proper caretaking of the children;
- Educate children in the area to ensure health awareness and proper sanitation;
- Provide the children with nutritious meals;
- Educate children about their environment, integrating eco-awareness and outdoor activities into their routines;
- Educate them about natural disasters and environmental pollution, including small skills they can utilize to help preserve their surroundings;
- Diversity education about cultural and ethnic diversity in their community, including exercises aimed at increasing tolerance and understanding of differences;
- Give lessons to children about modern communication technologies, including the use of mobile phones;
- Continue Basic English knowledge education in a practical setting.
Achievements this quarter:
- Second term started on April 23rd.
- 11 children in attendance with 3 teachers
- New Year Festival Day on April 4th with our pre-school children, with costumes worn by children and parents attending the event.
- New Year vacation from April 6th to 23rd.
- On May 4th school held a “Darma Deshana” celebration at the pre-school for the Te Wesak festival
- The overall children’s attendance at the school was good in the Second Term, two children were briefly absent with a cold.