Palathuduwa Preschool Progress Report
December 29, 2011
Objectives: • Work with guardians and caretakers to assist in proper caretaking of the children; • Educate children in the area to ensure health awareness and proper sanitation; • Provide the children with nutritious meals; • Educate children about their environment, integrating eco-awareness and outdoor activities into their routines; • Educate them about natural disasters and environmental pollution, including small skills they can utilize to help preserve their surroundings;
• Diversity education about cultural and ethnic diversity in their community, including exercises aimed at increasing tolerance and understanding of differences;
• Give lessons to children about modern communication technologies, including the use of mobile phones;
• Continue Basic English knowledge education in a practical setting.
Extra Curricular Achievements this quarter:
• Parents of our kids held a “Sramadana” campaign to clean the pre-school garden We also held the annual Kids Fair on 30th September, which allows children to participate in a market and sell fruit and other goods to the community.
• Awareness raising programs educating children and their families about general service providers in the community.
• Extra activities conducted by the school provided the children an opportunity to learn more about their place in the community and helped them with activities geared towards community participation.
• RMF support of teachers has improved their status in the community and provided them with a stable livelihood.