Providing Consistent Support
RMF continued to provide financial support to the Precious Children’s Centre in Kawempe, Kampala, which takes care of orphans and vulnerable children. The funding from RMF is used to purchase food for the children. This has helped to keep more children in class and stabilize the center’s operations, contributing to the success of the school’s day-to-day activities.
- The students received adequate instruction, as most of the key needs and requirements of the school were met. Both teaching and non-teaching staff were well motivated, which ensured the smooth running of school activities.
- The school administration has also continued to train and support this year’s primary seven candidates in order to ensure better results on the national exams.
- Due to RMF’s support of the Precious Children’s Centre, more children have been enrolled, and there are now 387 children benefiting from primary education and regular meals the school.
- With RMF/WCF’s support, the Precious Children’s Center is able to keep the children in school and provide quality education by continuously employing enough teachers.
- Support children’s nutrition
- Strengthen operations of the Precious Children’s Centre
- Strategize ways to improve, expand, and create projects
Founded by Kawempe Division native and OPM officer Robert Baryamwesiga in 2011, the Precious Children’s Centre provides food, shelter, rehabilitation, and primary education to orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and former street children. Real Medicine Foundation began supporting the Precious Children’s Centre in 2015, providing funds for nutritious food, which has improved the children’s health and concentration and stabilized operations at the Precious Children’s Centre.