Provide funding to assist the operations and growth of the Buwate Sports Academy.
Summary of RMF/ MTCF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective:
- Purchase and distribution of sports equipment, supplies, food and clothing for Buwate Sports Academy general operations
- Negotiations for the expansion of upcoming projects in Buwate began in Q2. Several options under discussion: a new four room building design that will house the Sports Academy and a new program for Tailoring & Carpentry Vocational Training Workshops has been designed and cost quoted, and usage of the existing Church owned building discussed, as well as the option of relocating Academy to a different area with available land.
Photo: Children with the new equipment and clothing purchased by RMF/MTCF in the 2nd quarter:
Results and/or accomplishments achieved during this reporting period:
- Sports academy team members and members of the community received sports shoes, clothing, and other general equipment.
- Communication between the sports academy, church leaders and community leaders is ongoing
- Youth camp costs funded.
- Food supplied for children who undergo training in afternoons, providing them with one nutritious meal per day.
- Good health for children in the program because they are exercising and also have some of their medical bills paid.
In early 2013, RMF, the Mother Teresa Children’s Foundation in Italy (Devoti Madre Terese Per I Bambini) and World Children’s Fund started funding support of the Buwate Sports Academy. Buwate Sports Academy is a sports club and activity group for children living in Buwate village, Kira Town, Kampala District. The Buwate Sports Academy seeks develop the youth advancement component of our humanitarian work through games, sports training, vocational training and other educational opportunities.
- Provide funding to assist the operations and growth of Buwate Sports Academy
- Provide funding to allow children from surrounding slums to attend school
- Provide funding for vocational training opportunities including tailoring, hairdressing, and cosmetology
- Increase Buwate’s popularity in hopes that this will attract social services from the government and other development partners