Develop the youth advancement component of our humanitarian work through games, sports training, vocational training and other educational opportunities.
Summary of RMF/MTCF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective (note any changes from original plans):
- Purchase and distribution of sports equipment, supplies and clothing for Buwate Sports Academy general operations
- Food supplies funded
- MTCF container was received in Kampala, customs/taxes paid and goods distributed in Buwate amongst all Buwate and Kireka communities.
- Negotiations for space and land for the construction of a new building for upcoming projects in Buwate has begun. A four room building design that will house the Sports Academy and a new program for Tailoring & Carpentry Vocational Training Workshops has been designed and cost quoted.
Results and/or accomplishments achieved during this reporting period:
- Sports academy team members and members of the community received sports shoes, clothing, soccer balls and other general equipment.
- Food purchased to provide one afternoon meal for all sports academy children.
- Greatly increased morale of sports academy staff and children. The children participating in the Buwate Sports Academy have exercised, practiced and improved on their sports talents.
- Celebration of International Women’s Day in Buwate that coincided with the WCF container goods distribution.
- First aids kits distributed and contributing to better overall health/injury management.
In early 2013, RMF, the Mother Teresa Children’s Foundation in Italy (Devoti Madre Terese Per I Bambini) and World Children’s Fund started funding support of the Buwate Sports Academy. Buwate Sports Academy is a sports club and activity group for children living in Buwate village, Kira Town, Kampala District. The Buwate Sports Academy seeks develop the youth advancement component of our humanitarian work through games, sports training, vocational training and other educational opportunities.
- Provide funding to assist the operations and growth of Buwate Sports Academy
- Provide funding to allow children from surrounding slums to attend school
- Provide funding for vocational training opportunities including tailoring, hairdressing, and cosmetology
- Increase Buwate’s popularity in hopes that this will attract social services from the government and other development partners
More Reports on: Buwate Sports Academy Archive
Country Page: Uganda
Initiative Page: Buwate Sports Academy