Madumekala with her food parcel
- Madumekala is a 22-year-old young woman. She came to the meeting with her mother. She received 5 vials of growth hormone (GH) for the months of October, November, and December and she visited the clinic in Karapitiya twice each month.
- Madumekala is continuing sex hormone medication: estrogen, 1 tablet daily. Her bone age is 11 years. It is below her chronological age. Madumekala was treated by Dr. Manilka Sumanthilaka, a consultant endocrinologist. He again referred Madumekala to Professor Sujeewa for further treatment.
- As Professor Sujeewa instructed, Madumekala’s growth hormone therapy was increased again from 14 clicks to 16 clicks from January 14th, 2016. She needs 5 vials of growth hormone (GH) for each month. Her height is improving now.
- Dr. Nayananjani Karunasena, an endocrinologist, revealed that Madumekala’s last convulsion attack was on May 21, 2013.
- Madumekala is given 75 mg thyroxine in the morning.
- Madumekala is given 5 mg hydrocortisone in the morning and 2.5 mg hydrocortisone at night.
- Madumekala is given 100 mg sodium valproate in the morning and 200 mg sodium valproate at night.
- The Climen tablet given to Madumekala was changed to an estrogen tablet.
Food items ready to be distributed to the beneficiaries
- Fazeer did not attend the monthly meetings in October, November, or December, and we received no information from him. He did not receive his 4 vials of growth hormone therapy for the months of October, November, or December.
- We did not purchase Fazeer’s 4 vials of growth hormone for the months of October, November, or December 2016, and we instructed the medical authority of Ward No.1 not to issue the vials, as Fazeer must meet with us in Tangalle before going to the clinic in Karapitiya.
- Fazeer’s dosage is 10 clicks at night, daily. Since he did not attend the monthly meetings, Fazeer was not provided with a food parcel for the months of October, November, or December.
Madura’s mother with the food parcel
- Madura received 4 vials of growth hormone (GH) for the months of October, November, and December.
- He had attended school and private classes and took the Advanced Level Exam again in August 2016.
- His mother is very much concerned with his progress, and the medical authorities at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital are very satisfied with her.
Gayan with his food parcel
- For the months of October, November, and December, Gayan did not receive any vials of growth hormone (GH). After observing the progress of Gayan’s height, Professor Sujeewa had instructed to stop therapy for him. Gayan visited the clinic at Karapitiya once to get the Testoviron injection.
- Gayan had stopped attending school. He is now working as a helper.
- Gayan visited the clinic at Karapitiya for his Testoviron injection on October 20th.
- Gayan visited the clinic at Karapitiya for his Testoviron injection on December 15th.
Tharindu’s wife receives the food parcel from Nishantha.
- Tharindu’s increased medication had to continue. He visited the Karapitiya clinic with his new blood profile in October and November 2016, and he met with the medical consultant. The new blood profile helped to monitor Tharindu’s cholesterol levels. After 3 months, he will need to visit the Karapitiya clinic again with a new blood profile. Before that, Tharindu must have another blood profile in the second week of November.
- No change in his medication. Senior medical consultant, Dr. Arosha, had instructed Tharindu to do more exercises, such as cycling, to decrease his weight. Tharindu’s weight has decreased by several kilograms. The medical consultant had given Tharindu a diet system, and he must eat what is listed on the chart.
- Professor Sujeewa Amarasinghe, the senior pediatrician at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle, Sri Lanka, had referred Tharindu to Dr. Arosha.
- Tharindu takes Rosuvastatin (40 mg) and Ezetimibe (10 mg) each night. He also receives a food parcel with more grains and a packet of fat-free milk powder. For his food parcel, we also reduced the quantity of red rice and had added soy protein as instructed by Dr. Arosha.