Sri Lanka: Palathuduwa Preschool Support
Preschools Come Together for Joint Exhibition: Q3 2016
October 01, 2016
Laknima Piyushani, Assistant Teacher
Summary of Activities
Classes and activities continued as planned, providing parents and guardians with support and advice in the proper care of their young children, and providing children with:
- a safe environment
- at least one nutritious meal a day
- quality preschool education, including health awareness, eco-awareness, diversity awareness, and basic communication technologies
Palathuduwa Preschool is becoming more familiar and accepted within the community. Children, parents, and the school’s staff all benefit from a wider acceptance.
Preschools Come Together
Every preschool in Tangalle zone displayed their creations at this exhibition. Beautiful creations were there. Children could see other crafts and study them. Simple materials can be used to make beautiful creations.
Teachers from every preschool prepared the exhibition room. Our teachers also helped with the preparations. Many people came to see the children’s crafts.
Health and Citizenship
Educating Students and Families
During this reporting period our teachers:
- Supported the ability of children’s guardians to provide more care and protection for their children.
- Ensured the health and sanitation of the children.
- Prepared the children to become nature-loving, educated citizens.
- Educated the children on how to live in peace and harmony among different ethnic groups.
- Made the children aware of modern communication technology and its benefits.
During this reporting period our students:
- Participated in a July procession.
- Learned what a procession is and what they can see during a procession.
- Saw many people, dances, and customs at the procession.
- Displayed creations at an exhibition organized by all the preschools in the Tangalle zone.
- Improved their creative abilities through the exhibition.