Madumekala with her food parcel
- Madumekala is a 23-year-old young woman. She did not receive 5 vials of growth hormone (GH) for the months of January or March.
- Dr. Muditha Weerakkody, a consultant endocrinologist, prescribed Progynova as Madumekala’s new medication for menstruation instead of Climen. Madumekala has been on this new medication for three months with no complaints. The dosage is 1 tablet every day. Her weight and height have increased.
- Madumekala’s bone age is 13.5 years. It is below her chronological age. Madumekala was treated by Dr. Manilka Sumanthilaka, a consultant endocrinologist. He again referred Madumekala to Professor Sujeewa for further observation, as the medical consultants believe she should stop the growth hormone therapy.
- Madumekala now has to visit the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle once a month, but she was not able to go in January. She will visit the clinic at Karapitiya on February 6th.
- Madumekala’s sodium valproate dosage has stopped, but other medications continue.
- Madumekala’s food parcel was changed slightly; instead of red rice, she is given more milk powder, salmon, and cheese. This change makes the food parcel easier for her to take to Galle.
Madura’s mother with the food parcel
- Madura received 4 vials of growth hormone (GH) for the months of January, February, and March.
- He had attended school and private classes and completed the Advanced Level Exam twice. At the moment, he is taking a computer course as well as learning the Japanese language.
- As Professor Sujeewa requested, Madura is now attending the clinic for his kidneys and taking medication as well.
- His mother is very much concerned with his progress, and the medical authorities at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital are very satisfied with her.
Gayan stands tall
- For the months of January, February, and March, Gayan did not receive any vials of growth hormone (GH). After observing the progress of Gayan’s height, Professor Sujeewa had instructed to stop therapy for him two years before, in February 2016.
- Gayan visited the clinic at Karapitiya on January 11th to get the Testoviron injection. His Testoviron injection started at 50 ml in April 2013; it increased to 125 ml in August 2016; it again increased to 250 ml in October 2017.
- Gayan was treated by Dr. Muditha Weerakkody, a consultant endocrinologist, who increased Gayan’s injection as well as thyroxine dosage from 100 to 150 mg per day. Other medication is continuing as well.
- Gayan has to visit the clinic at Karapitiya after 3 months, but he has to receive the Testoviron injection every month.
- Gayan was admitted to Karapitiya Teaching Hospital on January 24th to have an MRI scan, which was conducted on January 25th.
- Gayan is currently working at a tailoring shop as a helper.
Tharindu’s wife with the food parcel
- Tharindu met with the medical consultant at the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle on January 9th with his new blood profile. Due to the medical consultant treating him for a severe attack of viral influenza, and directing him to stop his medication, Tharindu’s cholesterol level was high.
- Tharindu visited the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle on February 22nd with his new blood profile.
- Tharindu’s usual medication started again, with no change in the dosage. In February, he will need to visit the Karapitiya clinic again with a new blood profile.
- Senior medical consultant, Dr. Arosha, had instructed Tharindu to do more exercises, such as cycling, to decrease his weight. Tharindu’s weight has decreased by several kilograms. The medical consultant had given Tharindu a diet system, and he must eat what is listed on the chart.
- Professor Sujeewa Amarasinghe, the senior pediatrician at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle, Sri Lanka, had referred Tharindu to Dr. Arosha.
- Tharindu takes Rosuvastatin (40 mg) and Ezetimibe (10 mg) each night.
- Tharindu is 165.5 cm tall and weighs 79.5 kg.
- He also receives a food parcel with more grains and a packet of fat-free milk powder. For his food parcel, we had also reduced the quantity of red rice and added soy protein as instructed by Dr. Arosha since August 2016.