Sri Lanka: Palathuduwa Preschool Support
Palathuduwa Preschool Report Q3 2014
November 05, 2014
Summary of Activities
- Work with guardians and caretakers to assist in proper caretaking of the children
- Educate children in the area to ensure health awareness and proper sanitation
- Provide the children with nutritious meals
- Educate children about their environment, integrating eco-‐awareness and outdoor activities into their routines
- Educate them about natural disasters and environmental pollution, including small skills they can utilize to help preserve their surroundings
- Diversity education about cultural and ethnic diversity in their community, including exercises aimed at increasing tolerance and understanding of differences
- Give lessons to children about modern communication technologies, including the use of mobile phones
- Continue Basic English knowledge education in a practical setting
Health and Culture
- Children practiced for their year-‐end concert.
- Children participated in a dental clinic.
- Educated children to live in peace and harmony among the different ethnic groups of their communities.
- Assisted the parents and guardians of the children to provide better care and protection for their children.
- Ensured the health and sanitation of the students through regular reminders and education about hand washing, and other hygienic issues.
The teachers at Palathuduwa Preschool organized the annual children’s fair for the children, parents and community to participate in. The children wore traditional clothing and selected items to sell at the market. This taught them many things about how to select goods, buying/selling and how to save money. Parents and teachers all purchased items from the children, and everyone enjoyed the fair tremendously.