Provide long-term medical support and treatment to children suffering from congenital health conditions affecting Growth Hormone production and cholesterol modulation.
To coordinate and manage the system which delivers treatment to the children, provides medical consultations and ensures patient compliance to treatment protocols to optimize the children’s chances for growth and maximum health benefits.
Summary of RMF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective:
- Organized and held 3 monthly meetings for the months of October, November and December 2012.
- Information was collected from the children about their treatment progress at the monthly meetings.
- Traveling expenses and nutritious food packages were also provided for the children and their families.
- The monthly food parcels were handed over to the 5 children by Nishantha Sandakelum for the months of October, November, and December 2012.
- Her weight has continued to be on the low side (20.5kg last quarter to 20.4 at end of this quarter) but she has continued to grow and is now 126 cm.
- Madumekala is now 18 years old and has finished her schooling after sitting for the Ordinary Level Examinations.
- She is also continuing the Sex Hormone Medication, Climen, at 1 Tablet daily
- From the 11th of September 2012 onwards her dosage was increased to 10 clicks
- Fazeer participated in most of the monthly meetings in Q4 with his mother.
- His height and weight have remained the same.
- Fazeer is now 17 years old & he has successfully completed the Ordinary Level Examinations in December 2012.
- Madura is 16 years old; he completed the Ordinary Level Government Examinations in December 2012.
- He has gained a little height this quarter; his weight has remained consistent.
- There has been a slight increase in height since last quarter (147.6cm to 148cm); his weight hasn’t changed at 34kg.
- The dosage of Growth Hormone Therapy continues at 9 clicks every night.
- He was also given an Injection of Testoviron (Sex Hormone) each month.
- His cholesterol medication Rosuvastatin and Ezetimibe continues at 40 mgs due to high cholesterol readings.
- He also receives a food parcel with more grains and a packet of fat free milk powder.