Provide long-term medical support and treatment to children suffering from congenital health conditions affecting Growth Hormone production and cholesterol modulation.
To coordinate and manage the system which delivers treatment to the children, provides medical consultations and ensures patient compliance to treatment protocols to optimize the children’s chances for growth and maximum health benefits.
Summary of RMF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective:
- Organized and held 3 monthly meetings for the months of April, May and June 2013.
- Information was collected from the children about their treatment & progress at the monthly meetings.
- Traveling expenses and nutritious food packages were also provided for the children and their families.
- The monthly food parcels were handed over to the 5 children by Nishantha Sandakelum for the months of April, May & June 2013.
|April (37TH Meeting)||04/05/2013||
|No.62, ‘’Ben-Mina’’, Medaketiya, Tangalle, Sri Lanka||Last Saturday of every month|
|May (38TH Meeting)||01/06/2013|
|June (39TH Meeting)||29/06/2013|
- She is now 19 years old and sometimes attends the meetings by herself.
- Madumekala has been continuing sex hormone medication, Climen, at 1 tablet daily.
- As Prof. Sujeewa had instructed the Growth Hormone therapy to be administered under the supervision of the RMF Project Coordinator. Madumekala’s height increased 1.3 centimeters during this quarter
- Madumekala was admitted to the Base Hospital in Tangalle on the 21st of May with a Lower Respiratory Tract Infection (Hypoglycemic Fit) and was in the hospital for 4 days until she improved and was discharged.
- Fazeer is now 17 years old.
- Fazeer had gained height and weight but had lost some of the weight due to a Viral Fever with Cough.
- His dosage of the Growth Hormone therapy has continued at 10 clicks at nightly.
- Madura is 16 years old and is in 12th Grade.
- His mother continues to be very involved in his progress and the Medical Authorities at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital are very satisfied with her participation.
- Continued with Sex Hormone (Testoviron Depot) and Growth Hormone at the Clinic.
- There has been some gain in height and weight over the quarter.
- Tharindu got married this quarter and is now a motor mechanic; he lives with his wife in Colombo
- Prof. Sujeewa Amarasinghe continues to monitor his blood profile and has kept him on the higher dosage of 40mg of Rosuvastatin to treat his high cholesterol levels.