Provide long-term medical support and treatment to children suffering from congenital health conditions affecting Growth Hormone production and Cholesterol modulation.
To coordinate and manage the system which delivers treatment to the children, provides medical consultations and ensures patient compliance to treatment protocols to optimize the children’s chances for growth and maximum health benefits.
Summary of RMF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective:
- Organized and held 3 monthly meetings for the months of January, February, and March 2012.
- Information was collected from the children about their treatment progress at the monthly meetings.
- Traveling expenses and nutritious food packages were provided for the children and their families.
- The monthly food parcels were handed over to the 5 children by Mr. Nishantha Sandakelum for the months of January, February & March 2012.
|January (22nd Meeting)||29/01/2012||
|No.62, ‘’Ben-Mina’’, Medaketiya, Tangalle, Sri Lanka||Last Saturday of every month|
|February (23rd Meeting)||25/02/2012|
|March (24th Meeting)||31/03/2012|
- Madumekala is now 18 years old and has finished her schooling after sitting for the Ordinary Level Examiations.
- She had recently lost some weight this quarter (from approx. 24kg last quarter to approx. 22kg this quarter) but she has continued to grow in height.
- She is also the continuing Sex Hormone Medication, Climen, at 1 Tablet daily
- Fazeer participated in the monthly meetings with his Mother and visited our clinic regularly.
- He is studying in the 10th grade, and his dosage of the Growth Hormone Therapy has continued at 10 clicks each night. He has gained height and weight this past quarter.
- Madura is now 15 years old, studies in Grade 11 and will take the Ordinary Level Government Examination in December of 2012.
- She has continued to gain height and weight this quarter with 7 clicks of growth hormone given each night.
- The medical authorities at Karapitiya Teaching Hospital are very satisfied with her progress.
- There has been a slight increase in height since last quarter (145.6 to 146) and he has gained a kilo and a half during the quarter.
- The dosage of Growth Hormone Therapy continues at 9 clicks every night.
- His cholesterol medication (Rosuvastatin and Ezetimibe) has been increased and he has been instructed to continue visiting the clinic each month.
- He also receives a food parcel with more grains and a packet of fat free milk powder.
More Reports on: Long Term Medical Support and Growth Hormone Treatment for Children Archive
Country Page: Sri Lanka
Initiative Page: Long Term Medical Support and Growth Hormone Treatment for Children