Provide long-term medical support and treatment to children suffering from congenital health conditions affecting Growth Hormone production and cholesterol modulation.
To coordinate and manage the system which delivers treatment to the children, provides medical consultations and ensures patient compliance to treatment protocols to optimize the children’s chances for growth and maximum health benefits.
Summary of RMF-sponsored activities carried out during the reporting period under each project objective:
- Organized and conducted 3 monthly meetings for January, February and March 2014.
- Information was collected from the children about their treatment and progress at the monthly meetings.
- Traveling expenses and nutritious food packages were also provided for the children and their families.
- The food parcels were handed over to the 5 children by Nishantha Sandakelum & Minerva Fernando for January through March 2014.
- The February monthly meeting was postponed and March held as regularly scheduled.
- She is now 20 years old and is treated with 4 vials of Growth Hormone each month. Madumekala is continuing sex hormone medication, Climen at 1 tablet daily.
- As Prof. Sujeewa had instructed the Growth Hormone therapy was administered under the supervision of the Project Coordinator of RMF and was increased from 10 clicks to 12 clicks.
- His growth hormone dosage is 10 clicks daily.
- Madura is treated with 4 vials of Growth Hormone. He has not gained any height & weight during this quarter.
- Gayan is treated with 2 vials of Growth Hormone per month.
- Dr. Manilka had also increased the dosage of his Hydrocortisone tablets.
Prof. Sujeewa Amarasinghe, the Senior Pediatrician of Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in Galle had referred Tharindu to Dr. Arosha. He has to take Rosuvastatin 40mg & Ezetimibe 10mg every day. He also receives a food parcel and a packet of fat free milk powder.