Kevin Becker Psy.D.
Kevin Becker, Psy.D. is a psychologist who has specialized in the field of psychological trauma for nearly 20 years. He has worked with individuals, communities, global corporations and governments on a wide variety of topics related to the effects of trauma and crisis. In the wake of September 11th Dr. Becker oversaw multiple projects in New York and Boston that provided support to families and victims of the attacks. He personally led a team of seven professionals in a yearlong research and service project with managers and employees of a government agency who had been housed at the WTC. Following the South Asia tsunami he spent a month in Sri Lanka where he developed and delivered a training program for the government which he used to train professionals from across the country.
- Served as director of The Trauma Center, where he oversaw the development of local, national and international projects in collaboration with public and private agencies.
- During his tenure, The Trauma Center was granted status as a practice site for the National Child Traumatic Stress Network and became the first agency in the nation to operate a federally funded crisis intervention and assessment program for human trafficking victims.
- Worked for several years in the private sector as Vice President for Marsh Crisis Consulting, where worked with Ambassador Paul Bremer, who later became Chief Administrator in Iraq.
- Consultant to organizations around the world on issues of leadership and preparedness for organizational crises.
- Director and producer of an award winning documentary PTSD, Beyond Survival
- Published multiple articles on the psychological impact of trauma and crisis and he lectures and trains frequently.
- Principle at Organizational Resilience International
- Director of the Institute for Trauma & Crisis in the Continuing Education Program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry.