Guy Sapirstein Ph.D.
Guy Sapirstein, Ph.D. is a psychologist who specializes in trauma, disaster response and planning for crisis mitigation. Guy has made it his priority to focus on the needs of people who have experienced crises – be they personal or organizational in nature. Since 1987, Guy has worked with people experiencing the effects of civilian trauma (rape, accidents), war/terrorism related trauma as well as natural disasters. In his role as a psychologist he has offered psychosocial support at various stages of a disaster – immediately post disaster in the recovery stages, as well as follow up services to aid and assist in the reconstruction phases of a crisis.
- A founding partner of ORI Consulting
- Clinician and senior clinical supervisor at the Trauma Center in Brookline, MA,
- He has been involved in efforts following major disasters such as the events of 9/11/2001 and most recently, Hurricane Katrina.
- Lectured on the role of caregivers and professionals in providing trauma informed services.
- Developed a model for understanding people’s behavior following traumatic events based on people’s subjective experiences.
- Presented this model at conferences both nationally and internationally and has continued to implement its use in various settings.