THERESITA (TITA) Q. DUMAGSA BSFN, RD
Project Director, Philippines
Theresita (Tita) Q. Dumagsa, BSFD, RN is RMF’s Project Director, Philippines. Born in Tangub, Misamis Occidental and raised in Mati, Davao, Philippines, Tita Dumagsa graduated from the Immaculate Heart of Mary Academy High School in Mati as Valedictorian. She graduated cum laude and holds a Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition from the University of Santo Tomas in Manila. She also completed all course work for a Master’s Degree in Food Administration from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey while working there as a Teaching Assistant. She taught Nutrition subjects at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, and is one of 4 Training Dietitians to found a Dietetic Internship Program at the University of Santo Tomas Teaching Hospital in Manila.
- Taught Nutrition subjects to Junior college students at the Kean College of New Jersey
- Worked as Chief Dietitian and Food Service Director in various hospitals in New Jersey such as Morristown Hospital, St. Peter’s Medical Center and JFK Medical Center
- Wrote various training manuals for Dietary employees as well as manuals in the recruitment, screening, interviewing and selection of the ground employees of United Airlines.
- Hired and managed over 300 employees in these different Dietary jobs.
- Owned and managed a full service restaurant in Reston, Virginia.
- Joined United Airlines as a Human Resources Representative responsible for hiring close to 2,000 employees such as Reservations representatives, Cabin employees, Customer Service representatives, and Employment Office employees.
- Started Perlas Builders with her husband, Tony, a home construction company in Cebu, Philippines, specializing in low cost housing.
- Founded a charitable foundation in the US, the Dumagsa-Queniahan Foundation, focused on projects in Cebu. Tita is actively involved in the projects, especially in the scholarship programs and classroom building projects (five to date) in Cebu together with the Cebu Institute of Technology University Alumni Association in Cebu.
Following Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda in the Philippines in early November 2013, Tita was excited to take on a new chapter as RMF’s Project Director in the Philippines, overseeing RMF’s post-Typhoon projects together with her husband, Tony Dumagsa.