Staff Positions for Bidibidi Refugee Settlement
RMF Uganda Seeks 30 Skilled Applicants
Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of Respect and Dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
Real Medicine Foundation (RMF, www.realmedicinefoundation.org), in collaboration with the Government of Uganda and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) would like to recruit:
- 4 Medical Clinical Officers
- 2 HIV/AIDS Counselors
- 5 Registered Nurses
- 4 Registered Midwives
- 8 Enrolled Nurses
- 3 Enrolled Midwives
- 1 Pharmacist
- 1 Driver
- 2 Nutrition Assistants
This employment start date is 1st of August 2017.
Application closing date is 31st of July 2017.
Please email CVs and cover letters to email@example.com or mail sealed to: RMF Uganda Offices Plot 28, Along Mukulu Curve Off Martyrs’ Way, Ntinda-Ministers’ Village, near UNEB offices or call: +256 (0) 712.994.110.
Nutrition Program Manager
RMF South Sudan Seeks Nutrition Program Manager
View Job Posting PDF
Real Medicine Foundation (RMF) is a US based, nonprofit public charity 501©(3), headquartered in Los Angeles, California, with branches in the UK and Germany, and with offices and partners all over the world.
The Real Medicine Foundation South Sudan office works in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health Republic of South Sudan, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and World Food Program implementing health and nutrition programs. RMF would like to recruit a South Sudanese national to work as Nutrition Program Manager, overseeing the ongoing nutrition project.
Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of respect and dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
RMF is seeking a full-time Nutrition Program Manager to oversee, directly manage, and implement the RMF Emergency Nutrition Response Program in South Sudan. S/he will contribute to the identification of program priorities through assessments, and actively oversee the planning, programming, implementation, and monitoring of this program in South Sudan. S/he will undertake extended field visits to support implementation, and to evaluate and improve the project. The Nutrition Program Manager also provides input for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels, and structures), as well as prepares inputs for funding submissions, appeals, and reports. S/he will ensure the compliance of all nutrition staff with RMF values of ‘Dignity and Respect’ and ‘Liberating Human Potential,’ while maintaining high standards of confidentiality and discretion, courtesy and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocols. The Nutrition Program Manager is expected to demonstrate courtesy and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds, and will ensure this courtesy and inclusion is implemented and demonstrated by all program staff.
- Perform and oversee day-to-day management responsibilities as Nutrition Manager for the project:
- Provide a day-to-day leadership presence for RMF Emergency Nutrition Response Program in South Sudan.
- Cultivate the values of RMF within the program and its staff members.
- Provide support and leadership to the RMF Emergency Nutrition Response Program team based in the field (implementation sites).
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and evaluation of RMF staff for the program.
- Ensure that the UNICEF/WFP Implementing Partner (IP) agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored, and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Through a consultative process within the country team and field visits within the operation areas, assist in the development of strategies, methodologies, and contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges.
- Guide and train RMF staff on national MOH policy and procedures.
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and taking corrective action where required.
- Provide input for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels, and structures), as well as preparing funding submissions, appeals, and regular reports to donors and RMF headquarters.
- Lobby for additional resources and negotiate future Implementing Partner agreements.
- Work closely with the RMF county management team and other key project staff to ensure the smooth running of field operations and ensure the safety and security of field-based project staff.
- Manage, oversee, and evaluate the program’s field-based nutrition staff while maintaining constructive relations with health and nutrition partner staff, including MOH staff.
- Troubleshoot problems quickly and make design changes for improving project results.
- Represent RMF at Nutrition Cluster meetings.
- Represent RMF at any mandatory Donor IP meetings and other required meetings.
- Undertake frequent, extended field visits to oversee, manage, evaluate, and improve the planning, programming, implementation, and monitoring of the RMF Emergency Nutrition Response Program.
- Assist in the management of the nutrition supply pipeline to ensure nutrition facilities are well equipped and stocked.
- Apply UNICEF’s corporate tools to record data and assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at regional and country levels.
- Prepare quality monthly/quarterly program progress reports.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors, and the government.
- Support RMF’s fundraising actions by maintaining regular contact with donor representatives and by preparing and submitting project funding submissions and appeals.
- Connect and, if appropriate, meet with current and prospective contributors and investors based in South Sudan, and attract funding, such as grants, contributions, and sponsorships for RMF’s work.
- Support and oversee administrative aspects, including proposal preparation and grant writing.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- University Degree in Nutrition or Human Medicine
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage his or her own work.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum of 3–5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in implementing UNICEF/WFP nutrition programs.
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments, including SMART Survey.
- Excellent knowledge of English and a good working knowledge of one or more local languages is required. Arabic is an added advantage.
Interested candidates (South Sudanese nationals only) who meet the requirements should send their application letter and non-refundable copy of CVs, national IDs, and academic documents, together with the names of three referees via email to: Jobs@realmedicinefoundation.org
Closing date of receiving applications: 16:00 South Sudan time, July 10, 2017.