Update on Achievements
On January 10, 2016, Real Medicine Foundation (RMF) signed a tripartite agreement (a follow-up to our 2014 agreement) with UNHCR and the Government of Uganda to implement a health program aimed at addressing two goals: emergency operations, and care and maintenance of refugees and asylum seekers in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement through the delivery of quality healthcare services.
How many health facilities are there? How many staff? Which partners? UNHCR?
RMF/UNHCR is directly supporting a total of three (3) health facilities: Panyadoli Health Centre III, Panyadoli Hills Health Centre II, and the Reception Centre Clinic. There have also been significant numbers of PoC (Persons of Concern) accessing services at Nyakadot Health Centre II, as some of the refugees have sought to settle at Bweyale Trading Centre. Nyakadot Health Centre II is located in the host community.
How many consultations were carried out this week?
- 2,486 consultations were conducted during this reporting period: 2,114 at Panyadoli Health Centre III, 216 at Panyadoli Hills Health Centre II, and 156 at Nyakadot Health Centre II.
- 20 referrals were supported: 11 to Kiryandongo District Referral Hospital, 4 to Gulu Regional Hospital, 1 Butabika, and 4 to Mulago National Referral Hospital.
- Malaria prevalence is at 42.9% compared to 45.0% of last month.
- Bloody diarrhea: Despite the 13 cases reported last month, this month no cases have yet been reported.
How many ANC consultations? Breakdown of refugees/nationals? Which partners? UNHCR?
- 501 ANC consultations (86 refugees and 415 nationals) were registered during the reporting period: 302 at Panyadoli Health Centre III, 94 at Panyadoli Hills Health Centre II, and 105 at Nyakadot Health Centre II.
- 114 Maternity ward admissions (29 refugees and 85 nationals) were registered at the Maternity ward during the reporting period at Panyadoli Health Centre III for antenatal and postnatal services.
- 79 babies were delivered (21 refugees and 58 nationals) by skilled health workers: 51 at Panyadoli Health Centre III, 5 at Panyadoli Hills Health Centre II, and 23 at Nyakadot Health Centre II.
Is this figure included in the number of consultations above under “Health?”
Other Notable Activities
- 2,852 new arrivals were screened and registered at the Reception Centre during this reporting period (an increase of more than 1,000 from arrival numbers in mid-July).
- 198 complicated cases (114 in the Maternity ward, 14 in the Male ward, 28 in the Female ward, 37 in the Pediatric ward, and 5 in the Nutritional ward) were admitted through the inpatient department.
- 2 deaths occurred (2 nationals) causes: malaria and anaemia, and tuberculosis.
- 43 supplementary feedings and 34 outpatient therapeutic care sessions were conducted in the Nutritional Unit.
- 21 people were enrolled in the ART clinic.
How many vaccinations? Which vaccines? Breakdown of refugees/nationals?
- 2,264 < 2,265 people were vaccinated: 460 at Panyadoli Health Centre III, 1,656 at the Reception Centre Clinic, 35 at Panyadoli Hills Health Centre II, and 113 at Nyakadot Health Centre II during the reporting period.
- Vaccinations administered were for BCG, polio, DPT, and measles.
Cervical Cancer Screening
- Cervical cancer screenings are ongoing though all trained staff.